Creating Custom Frames
A canvas stretcher uses stretching tools to stretch an image overstretcher bars, which are the wooden pieces that make up the frame that supports the canvas from behind.
These tools include: mallet, stretching pliers, industrial strength scissors, hammer, staple gun, staple remover, measuring tape
With these tools, a canvas stretching professional very gently yet firmly and uniformly pulls the canvas and perfectly aligns it with the stretcher bars. An improperly stretched canvas will appear misshapen and may have waves that will become more pronounced and unsightly with time. A properly stretched canvas is taut with perfectly folded and affixed corners. Stretching a canvas takes time and patience, but the finished product is amazing.
The benefits of canvas stretching are many. Stretching helps you perfectly complement a space in your home. Here are the benefits.
- Stretching an image to precise dimensions (within reason)
- Stretching it to a certain shape
- Protecting the image from undue wear and aging
- Giving the image a firm foundation on a quality wooden frame
- Showcasing an image that can now last for generations
- Achieving perfect and permanent image alignment (no slipping or wrinkling as the years go by)
Hang Ups Custom Picture Framing provides canvas stretching for customers in Central Texas. This includes: Cedar Park canvas stretching, Austin canvas stretching, Georgetown canvas stretching, Hutto canvas stretching, Jonestown canvas stretching, Lakeway canvas stretching, Lago Vista canvas stretching, Leander canvas stretching, Liberty Hill canvas stretching, Marble Falls canvas stretching, Pflugerville canvas stretching, Round Rock canvas stretching and more.